Season 1, Episode 13: “It’s Easy to Cry When This Much Cash Is Involved”
5. “Ringer” is a mediocre television show.
4. I’ve tried to quit, but it’s hard for me to turn my back on Sarah Michelle Gellar, who gave me so much enjoyment in seven (OK, really only the first five) seasons of “Buffy the Vampire Slayer.”
3. She remains charming and displays range, identical twins — one evil and manipulative and the other kind and decent.
2. But the show just isn’t enough to keep me interested, though Tuesday’s episode finally offered up a tasty twist in the “Mr. Carpenter (Jason Dohring) rapes Juliet (Zoey Deutch)” storyline.
1. I wish I could say, “If ‘Ringer’ just did ‘x,’ it would be so much better.” — but the truth is, I’m just not all that interested and I watch out of loyalty to SMG rather than actual entertainment.
As ratings for "Ringer" continue to decline, the Cancellation Bear at TV By The Numbers has decided to put Sarah Michelle Gellar's sagging show on the fire.