TNT Mystery Movie Night
5. “Ricochet,” based on the novel Sandra Brown, watched more like a saucy romance novel than a hard-boiled crime thriller, but it was a pleasant enough sophomore outing for “TNT Mystery Movie Night.”
4. That said, Julie Benz made an excellent femme fatale playing the wife of a corrupt judge (Gary Cole) mixed up with a gangster (Haaz Sleiman).
3. John Corbett plays the cop who falls for the Benz against the protestations of his partner, baseball-loving Kelly Overton, who is way too attractive to pull off the tomboy character she was given.
2. The steamy background of Savanna, Ga., added a little Southern Gothic touch to the story added some swelter to the otherwise neutered basic cable sex scenes.
1. I probably wouldn’t pick “Ricochet” off the shelf of the local library, but TNT did a good job making a decent movie out of a story that typically wouldn’t trip my trigger.
Julie Benz made an excellent femme fatale in TNT's "Ricochet."